Create Quality Website Content With These Tips
When it comes to creating a website, the content should be the priority. Good website content not only helps engage the target audience looking for the services in the same niche but also sells brands in the global market. Content is as important as the design & other factors of a website. It drives search engine results, increases traffic to the web pages, and establishes businesses in the market. But capturing readers’ attention through content is not that easy. Over one-third of the visitors leave a particular website within a few seconds with unattractive or unoptimized content. Good website copy is the key to win against all those odds.
What is Web Copy?
An amazing website copy is simply the main body of text you are writing and publishing on your website intended to drive organic traffic as well as to promote your products & services among the target audience. This is the thing that makes content marketing important for SEO as it helps navigate the visitors by concisely elaborating brands and offerings in the market. Typically, these pages include Home Page, About Us, Service Page, and FAQs. So what makes a good web copy?
Attractive website content is the combination of user engagement and best SEO practices. And to make a good website content copy, you need to invest your ample amount of time, & effort. Here, in this blog, we are explaining the best website content writing strategies to help your website improve. Let’s start:
How To Write Amazing Website Content?
We have divided our tips into three categories:
- Pre-writing Tips
- Writing Tips
- Post-Writing Tips
Keep in mind that your content foundation is clear & sorted before you start your web content writing strategy. Here are the prewriting points that need to be followed to ensure effective writing:
Define Your Purpose -
One of the very first and most important things to do before writing a website copy is to understand its purpose. Try to figure out the end goal of your writing to craft the best piece of content and an ideal customer base. Ask these questions to yourself such as:
- Is the agenda to sell a product or a service?
- Is your web copy intended to drive traffic to increase advertising revenue?
- Is it focused on attracting new clients or generating leads?
- Is the objective to drive subscribers or build a community?
Get To Know Target Audience -
Having an idea about your target audience will ultimately help you generate suitable content for websites that grab users’ attention and convert leads into sales. The more you know about whom you are speaking to, the more effective methods of selling you can determine. Research your target audience and get an insight into their mindset.
Recommended Read: Ways to Increase B2B Sales with Content Marketing
Understand Your Competitors -
Since your potential visitors are likely to check out some of your competitors’ websites also, getting aware of your business competitors is a good idea. It will enable you to know their content creation strategy as well as will give you an idea of whether to go with their tactics or make your own. It could be an excellent way to get your hands on the prevailing & latest trends among competitors. Just search for the similar products or services you are offering and find out the most-ranked sites.
After ensuring the essential pre-writing steps, the next step is to start writing for the website copy. A good website copy requires the brief of your offerings in an appealing & unique manner with the best use of SEO practices. Here, hiring content writing services is a good idea. Here are the tips to generate user-engaging website content:
1. Head-turning Headlines to Hook Readers - The very first important writing step for website copy is headlines, deciding whether the visitors will read your entire work or not. Therefore, try to make them eye-catchy, unique, and service-focused with the best use of keywords you are targeting for a particular web page. You might have 15 seconds to capture the user's attention. So, go for a captive, one-sentence story, or a question. Also, make sure that the readers crave more exciting data.
2. Make Scannable Copy - Most visitors don’t like reading too much content on the site and move forward to another website. The best idea to fulfill the need for content in an attractive manner is to deliver eye-catchy layouts that include headers, bullet points, and numbered lists with descriptive subheadings and white space between paragraphs.
3. Let the Visitors Navigate - No user wants to analyze the whole website without having any idea of where to go next. Thereby, you need to organize your web copy content in such a manner that it shows visitors where to find what. The best way to do this is through the internal linking of web pages. This makes the importance of hiring an SEO company pretty clear. Make sure that the content on your web pages has proper keywords or is internally linked with other web pages so that they could explore the related content and spend some more time on your site.
4. Opt For Conversational Content - If you want to create a bond between your brand and your customers, you need to get rid of the professional tone and start communicating with them like a friend. Nobody wants to read the term-paper-like content. You can use:
- Active Voice - Always use active voice in the web copy content. For example, instead of using, “Our services can be ordered”, you can use, “Order our services”. The passive voice depicts formality in the tone.
- Address Direct - You can use “you” for readers, and “we” for your company.
5. Consider Layman’s Terms - Make sure that your content is concise as well as simple & easy to understand. Using simple language is going to attract more audience and make them feel connected with the brand. You should:
- Write short sentences to help you convey your message faster.
- Less use of adverbs and adjectives to keep sentences professional
- Avoid using jargon. Not all the readers are capable of understanding complex professional terminologies. Provide them with hyperlinks to other articles and simple alternatives to get more information.
- Make the content error-free and avoid grammar, spelling or punctuation mistakes.
6. Provide Readers Ways to Act - This is the time to leverage the main agenda of your web copy which is to drive the user base. When readers explore your website, make sure to include a clear call-to-action button using words like, “join”, “sign up”, “contact us” or “subscribe” etc. It will help them initiate an activity.
7. Add Visuals - People remember what they see as compared to what they read. Apply this principle in your web copywriting strategy by adding infographics, pictures, graphs, images, videos to your site. This will help you provide more information about your brand using fewer words in an attractive manner rather than simply murmuring about your expertise.
8. Apply Best SEO Practices - No matter how great the content on your website, it has no use until Google finds it in the user's search query. Google or other search engines rank a website based on the quality of its web copy. Here, hiring professional SEO services will help you incorporate best SEO practices to ensure SEO-optimized website content. SEO is the process of using several tactics to increase the ranking of websites in SERPs through specific keywords.
9. Make Information Relevant - Visitors go through your website to find their answers and solve queries. If your website is unable to do that, they are going to immediately leave it within a few seconds and search for another one. So, don’t get afraid of sharing as much as possible about your services. Studies show that visitors prefer transparency in the first place and information-rich sites are capable of turning leads into sales.
10. Make Home-Page Straightforward - Since your website’s homepage is the entry point for your visitors, make sure it has been described in an utmost & eye-catchy manner. If the visitors get what they have been looking for, they will get stuck on the website for quite a long time.
11. Unique Landing Pages - If users are looking for more information about your website, only having a good & captive home page is not enough. The more targeted approach would be creating effective landing pages that contain more captive data about your offered products and services engagingly. Hire web design services having expertise in designing attractive landing pages. Make them internally linked to other pages that you want your users to find about.
12. Apply The Inverted Pyramid Method - Web readers often quickly judge a website’s content and decide whether the information is required or not. To make them stay on the web pages, you need to organize your content like an upside-down pyramid. Get the most important messages at the top of the page and then gradually step down with supporting information.
Finally, you have written the text but your work doesn’t end here. Here are a few more required steps to follow:
1. Keep Website Updated - Your website is the face of your brand that deserves to be fresh and updated to give a pleasing first impression. So you need to:
- Add relevant information to your old content such as new states or latest news etc.
- Include engaging offers & deals to improve your conversion rates.
- You can transform the old content by turning it into a video or infographic etc.
2. Optimize For Search Engines - To maintain a strong audience base, never ignore the power of Google. It is highly recommended to optimize the content and ensure that it has relevant keywords in the titles, subheadings, and descriptions. Avoid keyword stuffing as it can damage the ranking of your website. Several freemium & top SEO tools can guide you to incorporate the best SEO strategies.
These are some of the best tips to create high-quality website content to drive more traffic. Just keep it simple and focus on the target audience with the combination of SEO knowledge. It will surely help you increase your potential leads and organic results from SERPs.