A Step-by-step Guide To Move Your Business Online
Over the past few months, we all have witnessed significant global trade disruptions across almost all the industries worldwide, all credit goes to the global pandemic of coronavirus that led to a temporary closure of businesses and related trade activities. But amid all the Covid-19 crisis, one thing is clear that instead of getting frustrated on the current world economic scenario, take endeavors to move your business online so that you not only survive but also ensure your all-time online presence to the needy customers with your offered products & services.
Here in this blog, we have explained a step-by-step guide you can follow to start an online business. Let’s check this out:
- Get a Domain Name - A domain is that part of a website that comes after the www. For example, www.cubicalseo.com. It is the very first step towards moving your business online. You should try to keep the domain name the same as your business name. Make the payment, and get registered with your domain name for a whole year. To purchase a domain, take the help of a domain buying platform such as Shopify that allows you to buy and manage custom domains as well as choose from various domain extensions such as “.com”, “.net” or “.co” etc.
- Set Up A Website - As a next step, you need to build up a business website. The vital step in setting up a site is choosing a platform where you sell your products & services. For example, you need to figure out whether your website is informative or are looking for generating leads, or want to sell directly, or seeking a platform where the customers can find more about you. Research these valid questions and then choose the right type of platform.
- Work On Pleasing Designs & Themes - Only having a fully functional website is half of the battle unless your visitors find it attractive enough to visit frequently with a satisfactory experience. So you need to choose a website platform that presents you with a plethora of themes or templates to pick from. Take the help of professional web design & development services that provide you with suitable & added customized features as per your requirements. Websites are the face of your business that deserves to shine.
- Add Relevant Content - SEO-friendly & optimized, unique and informative content is not only the most crucial part of your overall digital marketing strategy but also plays a vital role to drive the target audience to your site. Since people cannot see you in person, they get an idea of your business through what you show them. Add relevant and trendy content to your web pages so that people can learn about you as well as your offered products & services.
- Link Social Media Accounts - Only content on the website is not enough to get customers connected with you, rather being present on every possible channel your target audience looks for is also essential. Here, setting up your social media profiles can help keep the ball in your court. It is a great way to engage your customers as well as being visible to them for any type of communication with them. Keep in mind that social media profiles are not only an engagement tool, rather can help convert sales such as Facebook Shop. Explore the options, choose the right ones and build a strong social media strategy.
- Use Eye-catching & Captive Images - Picture speaks a thousand words and by using a few thoughtful pictures, and/or short videos, you can make your website more trendy as well as quickly grab user’s attention with the desired information. It would take some time for you to create and choose the brand-oriented images but it is worth it. They help you create an impression.
- Build Google My Business Page - Creating a Google My Business page can be a great way for both you and your customers to know about each other locally. Customers are not required to physically come into your office. This page will be visible to Google maps as well as can easily be found in a normal Google search. It allows you to share more information about your business including opening hours and offered services etc.
- Incorporate Customer Reviews - A satisfied customer always markets your brand for providing top-quality services, so let them market your brand and make your potential customers know about it by posting customer reviews. No matter what industry you are operating in, people always check reviews of your service before making a final decision. You can ask your loyal customers to leave a review on your site.
- Result-oriented SEO Strategy -After following all these required steps, it is time for optimizing your website’s online presence with the help of professional SEO services so that your potential customers can easily find you. A smart SEO strategy can help you into this as a cost-efficient way to promote your brand and get it ranked on top search engine results. The process starts with keyword research related to your brand after considering their search volume.
- Email Marketing - A successful online business builds with a solid base of customers. Email marketing can be a great way to this as it drives an improved ROI. You can reach the maximum number of users and it starts with choosing the right email service.
- Track Website Performance - Last but not least, track your website performance regularly. Being a business owner, you need to know the number of visitors to your site, their sources as well as the progress of your online marketing efforts. Take help of web analytics products.
Seeing the present pandemic situation, you cannot afford to stay behind your competitors. Take a glimpse of your current operations and figure out how going online can help you boost your productivity and get more customers & revenue. These steps can help you make the most of your online business.