Key Website Design Trends 2021 That Will Make Your Website Go Wow
Websites are more than the face of a brand. It holds a contributory capacity to not only keep existing clients satisfied with the latest information but also can attract new visitors with a noticeable first good impression. This is why the task of doing in-depth research on modern web designs is important to equip websites with everything that supports online marketing.
Your website needs to stand out from the crowd to grab viewer’s attention as well as to keep them engaged. Therefore, in this blog, we have provided a comprehensive list of some of the major & popular web design trends that you expect to see in 2021. Check out these amazing web design trends for 2021 that will make your website look more appealing, classy & professional as well as improve the way people visit your online business. Keep reading:
Top Website Design Trends For 2021
- Bold Retro Font - In 2021, you will witness that many old & outdated things are turning into cool & are making their way in a new fashion. And in the website world, it is none other than retro fonts. It is surprisingly making a comeback in web designing and is becoming the talk of the town due to its stencil effect & subtle details like bold, clean lines that draw the visitor’s eye and help to “shout” your message. Many websites are featuring this vintage typography style, from brand names to landing page headlines to grab user’s attention.
- Serif Fonts - The old-time, evergreen & go-to font style for web design is being changed now. Though they are always preferred by web designers for their simple structure, thanks to the increased space around the words, it is more readable & appears less cluttered on today’s larger & clearer screen sizes & resolutions.
- Parallax Scrolling - Parallax scrolling has been a trend in the web design world for years and this year is going to witness more subtle & creative areas that can be achieved with Parallax. The effect is inspired by the aesthetics of 2D vintage video games that create an illusion of depth through layers that seem moving in the background slower than the foreground. It means the objects near to the visitor move faster than objects far away. Incorporating this effect in the website will be a great idea to trigger a sense of curiosity and animation in the user making them navigate the entire website.
- Horizontal Scrolling - Previously known as faux-pas, it is now coming back to the market. Many web designers are experimenting with horizontal scrolling. It is a great way of being different as well as disclosing secondary information to the visitors like an image gallery within a few seconds. Make sure to use clear visual cues to highlight where content uses horizontal scroll and avoid hiding them behind hovers.
Since high-resolution screens are hitting the market, designers are taking full advantage of it through 3D for animations and illustrations on websites. We have been seeing many websites with high-quality 3D visuals. Instead of being distractible for the visitors, they are adding to the increased user experience. Interactive 3D patterns can liven up your website.
Recommended Read: Reasons Why Web Design Services Must Be In Your To-do List
Augmented Reality ie. AR is capable enough of improving the user experience for your website especially if you are running an eCommerce website. It provides users with a 360 experience. For those who hate stepping foot into a clothing store or a car showroom, this provides them with a fun, & headache-free trip of information they are looking for on the website. Therefore, more & more retail & eCommerce website owners are tapping into the power of AR to accelerate the sale of their products & make potential customers initiate the buying process.
- Muted Colors - Muted colors are making their way as a popular trend in the website world as they provide a perfect background theme to showcase behind the personalized (hand-drawn) fonts & illustrations. It makes it easy for the visitors to navigate the website with a smooth, calm & low-saturation color palette. Muted colors usually include a dulled or greyed-out appearances like a cloudy day or pastel. If you are thinking of showcasing minimalist themes, use this light color palette. It will give you a satisfying and natural feel.
- Gradients - It is one of the web design trends which is going to continue from last year to this year. Designers are experimenting with gradients as it covers a range of colors and is a perfect choice for targeting a large audience.
- Black - Many people are shifting towards incorporating black color schemes into the mix to give the website a more classy, sleek & bold look. You can witness “dark modes” are hitting more screens in 2021. More & more designers are embracing dark mode aesthetics with black to gain an appealing dark backdrop to make design elements popping from the screen.
- Color-less designs - They are also getting popular in website designs. They hold a lot of white space on the screen and through a hover effect, it transforms the black & white images into full color. A simple plain design can be engaging with these micro-animations and other dynamic effects.
- Cartoon - Gone are the days when websites were used to reflect just a piece of text with some images or graphics. With the evolution of web design, designers are putting efforts to connect with people on a more personalized level and cartoon illustrations are one of them. There are many sources where you can find excellent cartoon illustrations like Blush etc. It makes your website more creative & personable.
- Black & White With Textures - Earlier in the journalism industry, color printing was not an option. To compensate for the lack of colored visuals & to add an artistic effect to their content, newspapers were used to incorporate hand-drawn, black & white designs created by cartoonists. Soon, it developed into texture-based black & white designs that not only deliver a large amount of text but also a perfect way to balance the texture articles with engaging pictures. Now they are taking place in the digital world to engage visitors.
- Emojis - Putting emojis in your website is a great way to engage visitors, make conversation fun & creative as well as communicate important messages in an interesting way or we can say, non-verbally. You need to be careful while choosing emojis as they interpret differently in different areas and sometimes can make your website look unprofessional.
The concept of grids in websites is not new but the reason to include them in this list is their flexibility in using them in a design. They are a great choice to organize a piece of texture into a layout to make it look clean and bold. You can use grids for both navigational elements and content. Users find your website fun to navigate with these big squares of color.
Recommended Read: Top -10 Key Signs You Need To Hire An SEO Company
Cursors are probably one of the most overlooked areas while designing a website but when a designer pays attention to this ignored part of the website, it can turn the table for you into something unexpected. They can surely make a difference in attracting visitors to our websites and making them stay here for a while. Incorporating playful cursors will allow visitors to have a great time engaging with your website.
We are expected to see scrolling cards becoming an interesting part of a web design process. Whether it is horizontal or vertical, they add a quick action to a website as well as a great way to highlight important information about the organization. You must use eye-catching colors for scrolling cards.
This new web design trend is also inspired by offline media like magazines & newspapers. It has recently made its throwback comeback in the digital world after becoming a social media feed format. It is a perfect go-to option for incorporating stories, and news feed formats in the websites. Many websites can be seen using these trends due to their flexibility, versatility, and appealing aesthetics. You can experiment with the collage themes, patterns, textures & layouts that suit your brand.
Websites deserve a chance to look modern, updated & pleasing to embark on their online presence. The year 2021 is looking forward to an amazing series of web design trends to help your website look unique, appealing & more engaging. Keep researching and boost your competitiveness in the market.