In the terminology of Search engine optimization (SEO), link building refers to the procedure of exchanging or changing links with other web sites in order to accelerate the quality back links and back links of one’s own website.
In other words, link building is a policy that assists the web pages to get linked with each other by availing hyperlinks from other websites and putting them in one’s own website. It helps the users in navigating between various web pages over the internet. It also helps the search engines to go through the pages of your website.
Link is an essential part of SEO marketing. It you have not yet utilized link building policies in your SEO marketing structure, then you are lacking the potential in business.
Why link building is important in SEO marketing strategies?
- Link building is essential because it is a chief factor in how a search engine ranks web pages. And this is done by the link popularity.
- Link building is important as it ensures the authority and trust of linking web pages, content and SEO optimization of the respective sites, and anchor text of the incoming links.
- Link building helps your business to get in contact with other business, resulting in the promotion of your business. It benefits both the businesses in the same manner.
- Strong and potent links can boost the traffic on your site and can enhance your ranking. And if your website is related with the most visited one, then it can even improve your sales.
- Strong link building even helps in promoting your brand as it shows your authority in your desired field through the links of appropriate content.
SEO audit is a procedure for evaluating and analyzing the search engine friendliness of one’s website in different areas. SEO auditing is mostly performed at the beginning of new project and at the beginning of new quarter. A properly done SEO auditing is very helpful in giving better awareness, traffic, and individual pages of your business. Hence, it is a great way that allows your website to rank better in the search engine results page (SERPs).
Onsite and off- site SEO
Onsite and off- site SEO are also known as on-page and off-page SEO. They are the two chief components of SEO (search engine optimization) procedure. They help in getting higher rankings and maximum exposure.
Onsite SEO helps in making the websites search engine friendly. In other words, onsite SEO refers to regulating some elements in your website in order to help the search engines to crawl and study the structure and content of your website.
The higher ranking of your website is dependent upon the quantity of information the search engines got from your website.
Off- site SEO is equally necessary and important as onsite SEO.
Off- site SEO refer to the steps or the actions that one uses to promote his website apart from advertising. The most common off- site SEO techniques are link building and social media marketing.
Onsite and off- site SEO techniques for higher rankings
Following are some onsite and off- site technique for higher ranking.
On site SEO techniques:
- Selecting very good keywords: picking up some really good and perfect keywords is very essential in order to make your website rank high. So must focus on employing keywords that are relatively easy.
- Writing a preeminent content that is over 2000 words: A preeminent content is which defines a topic deeply and tempts the reader to read it interestingly. Including this extra effort will surely make the content amazing.
- Optimizing your Meta descriptions and Meta titles: When it comes to ranking, Meta titles and Meta descriptions play an important role. It is always advised to use the keywords in the title. And try keeping the Meta descriptions up to the point only.
- Using descriptive and short URLs: When it comes to opting for a URL, try going for as short as possible while having keywords in.
- Take benefits from the H1, H2, H3, etc hierarchy: H1 must be reserved for the main title of your content. H2 tags should be used for sub- headings and H3, H4, etc must be used for further steps. This is done to make the content easily readable by the users.
- Including audios, videos, and images in your content: Including the multimedia in your content will make it complete as it makes the content more appealing and users get to know more about the topic.
- Linking authentic sites and previous sites: outbound and inbound linking is very essential to a perfect and healthy SEO article.
Mentioning links to other web pages on your site is internal linking and linking other sites is external linking. This helps in building a stronger bond with the readers.
- Appreciating blog comments and making sharing convenient: if you make social sharing super easy, this will increase the traffic from social networks and this will you in gaining some new backlinks. Along with this, you should also motivate people to post comments on your post.
- Creating backlinks to your optimized article: creating backlinks for a particular page or post is most probably the real ranking factor because the top results have very strong backlinks.
Off site SEO technique
- Social networking sites: this way is known as “online reputation management” too. Utilizing social media sites for advertising your sites is a perfect way of building online reputation.
- Blogging: Blogging is a good way of advertising your website online. So one must focus on writing blogs for their websites as this tempts the users to visit your website regularly.
- Blog marketing: blog marketing is all about posting comments on other blogs in the same niche as yours. This helps in adding a link of your website in the comment section. And then search engines may crawl down your links.
- Search engine submission: You must submit your website to most famous search engines such as Google in order to speed up the process of crawling.
- Link baiting: this is one of the most famous ways of promoting your site. If you develop a really awesome post for your website, then others may want to link with it. Do not forget to mention a reference link for others to promote your website.
- Photo sharing: if you have employed any photos or images on your site, then you must share those pictures on photo sharing platforms like Flickr, Picasa, and many more so that the users will be able to comment them.
- Video marketing: This process is same as photo sharing; if you have videos on your sites then you must submit them on sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and many more.
- Local listings: If you website is promoting your local business, focus on listing your website locally, so that engines can easily crawl through it and analyze the content.
- Social bookmarking: this is all about submitting your updated blog posts and pages to the most famous sites like StumbleUpon, Reddit, Digg, etc. because search engines crawl through these websites as the content posted here is updated frequently.
- Business reviews: you can ask your clients or friends to post good reviews about your business on chief business sites like RateitAll, Shvoong, and many more.
These onsite and offsite SEO techniques are a lot helpful in increasing search engine rankings of your website.