WordPress is the most popular open-source CMS (content management system). It can be installed, employed, and upgraded freely. While creating a website on WordPress most of the developers aim at themes, looks, design etc. In this process, they forget about few major things that are very mandatory to run the website smoothly and efficiently. This results in some common WordPress mistakes that one must avoid to get an efficient and engaging website.
WordPress nowadays is the top rated content management platform helpful in creating websites and blogs. It is known best for its user-friendliness and simplicity. Content is everything for a website and managing and maintaining content in WordPress is literally so easy.
Despite of this much adaptability, versatility, simplicity, and functionality; there are chances of facing some common mistakes. To get a grip on these common WordPress mistakes, this guide is going to assist you a lot.
5 common WordPress Mistakes
Some of the major WordPress mistakes are mentioned below:
- Buying the theme first: The WordPress owner mostly purchases the theme first. This mistake must be avoided. The owner should focus on starting with the content first and highlighting the major points. Once you have decided purpose of website whether it is a health website, fashion website etc. Then comes, choosing the appropriate theme.
- Not backing up the website: Many of the WordPress users do not take backing up of the data seriously, and when the website is hacked they don’t have any data left with them. So it has been advised that WordPress user must opt for Backup options. The most suitable Backup option is to install WordPress Backup Dropbox plugin and it is completely free. It helps in securing the data without any cost.
- The absence of SEO-optimization: If you want to get and improve traffic to the website then SEO optimization is very necessary. Users should also focus on providing the websites with unique functionality and improving the search engine results of the website.
- Opting for the wrong platform for WordPress development: There are two platforms for WordPress Development. They are WordPress (.) org and self-hosted route. You must compare the features of both the platforms and then choosing the most suitable one.
- Installing the broken WordPress plugin and not removing: It has been advised to remove or delete the broken WordPress Plugin. These plugin slow down the website speed. So one should not install any broken WordPress Plugin and if they are installed already then one must remove them.
Content Management System
A content management system (CMS) assists in controlling and managing digital content. Many CMSs incorporates web-based publishing, format management, history editing and version control, indexing, search and retrieval. It provides edit permission management, version control, and unified look. Some of the best content management systems (CMS) are: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Radiant CMS, etc.
Top SEO plugin for WordPress
There are many Plugin available for WordPress, but it is really difficult to choose the best plugin for you site. Free and premium both type of plugin are available. One must know the features of both and selecting the right one for your site.
SEO is classified in two kinds- off page SEO and on page SEO.
Following are the 21 best SEO Plugin:
- Rank Math SEO
- All in One SEO pack
- SEO ultimate
- The SEO framework
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- SEO SQUIRELLY
- All in one Schema.org Rich Snippets
- Smush image compression and optimization
- Broken Link checker
- Rankie- WordPress Rank Tracker
- WordPress Ping optimizer
- W3 total cache
- Woo commerce- All in one SEO pack
- Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP
- SEO optimized images
- EWWW image optimizer
- Simple 301 Redirects
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Pretty link Lite
- WP SEO HTML Sitemap
Qualities of a perfect WordPress SEO plugin
A perfect WordPress SEO plugin possesses the below mentioned qualities:
- Multiple SEO features: A perfect SEO plugin must have multiple features rather than having ‘301 Redirection’ only.
- Extensive documentation: Good plugin documentation assists users in knowing and understanding the functionality of the plugin.
- Good customer support: A perfect SEO plugin must have good customer support.
- Good reviews and ratings: Reviews and ratings given by user to all SEO WordPress SEO plugin should be considered essential.
- Regular Updates: Good WordPress SEO plugin must be updated regularly to be compatible with latest versions of WordPress.
- Plugin compatibility: WordPress SEO plugin must be compatible with other WordPress plugin. This makes the site to function smoothly and efficiently.